This is a second attempt to get down to Cornwall ( after breaking down last year almost at Truro )
My Mam has just moved to a small place in the village of Peranporth. A flat incorporated into a bungalow. She needed some jobs doing ( plumb in washer / Cooker / fit up curtail rails/ mirrors etc ) So as before I loaded the GS and set of about 5.30 am.
The weather was absolutely pissing down and continued for the whole way... Joy.
My first planned stop was the first services on the M5 . I wanted to get through Birmingham traffic early and had to be careful because I had my ali' box's fitted to the bike with my drill and tools in and didn't want to sheer off hundreds of wing mirrors.
No real dramas on the way down and after a couple of PTP stops ( piss - tea - piss )I got to Peranporth about 1pm ( Mileage 341 ) . I didn't know where the bungalow was tucked away so I had arranged to get into the the village and call Mam from there . Unbelievably my mobile went flat as I tried to call so I had to treck through the village to get to a phone box ( I've bought a n emergency mobile charger since then )
View on the approach to the village.
This is a quick view of the penzance harbour
Some pics of the flat , small but clean and just the job. The windows , kitchen and bathroom are all new.
Outside
Living room ( ignore by ali' bike luggage - they're not a decorative feature. ) I mounted the bookcase we bought high up on the as it ws hardly visible behind the sofa. ( On the first night I slept on my travel bed behind the sofa , as there was no curtain / pole up then , but I was right next to the storage heater which cooked me to death all night )
Bedroom- Not a bad size and with a couple of built in wardrobes , I also rigged up the pc that Mam is doing her college work on.
On the way back somewhere on the m5 around Exeter I thought water was running on the inside of my visor and tried to wipe it away, suddenly the visor was flapping all over the shop and almost Tore off in the wind.
I stopped under a bridge out of the rain and found the side retaining clip had disappeared !! Luckily I always keep some gaffer tape taped onto the inside of my pannier lid so I taped it up and stopped at the next service station.
I managed to ride one handed and took a couple of snaps on the bridge
Total mileage for the trip was 709 miles
Steve , Tony, and Dig, I hope this gives you an idea as to where Mam is and you'll get yourselves down there in the summer for a few days, it's worth the trip and there are loads of companies on the internet who rent cottages for the week etc.
Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment