Concious of safety, last year I bought a pair of bike boots at the Rossendale Bike show. During the day whilst getting of a sloping carpark I dropped the bike on its side right in front of a pub full of people !!
Anyway on the way home we stopped at a service station and decided to try the boots on. As I was coming of the junction for home I was struggling to change gerr. I couldn't change up out of second an stalled at a set of lights.
I got off the bike thinking I gad damaget the gear peg in the fall but couldn't see anything obvious. I have the same problem on rest of the way home .
I realised it was the new boots and as they were very rigid compared to the Magnums. I persivered for a couple of rides but couldn't get on with them so I gave them away to a mate.
I have been keeping an eye out for something suitable and was directed by good reports and recommendations; on the www.ukgser.com site, about British boot maker wwww.altberg.co.uk. They are based in Richmond in North Yorkshire. They make boots for the police , military etc and have a range of Motorcycle boots.
I took a ride up there and tried a few pairs on and decided to stay with the combat style boot but with the motorbike protection.The boot name is the Bandog.I ordered a pair but they had a 6-8 week delivery time as they are made to order. I also requested the thicker sole to give me a bit more of a sure foot as I am a bit of a short arse. The staff were very knowledgeable and overall I was impressed with the service
Anyway I got a call to say they were ready and scooted up there last weekend. The weather was pretty bad but there are some great roads up there.
These are the boots,



They were comfortable straight away so I decided to wear them home. The guy in the shop took them into the workshop and gave them a coat of wax , you also get a tin with the boots.
I asked him if I could leave my old boots for the bin as they were knackered.
Whilst I was outside getting geared up the same guy came out and put the boots on the the gardeners bonfire !!!! A symbolic end to old friends
The Funeral Pyre ! ( The pic's not great , I took it with my phone )

The boots felt good from the off on the way home and are definitely waterproof as it absolutely hammered it down on the motorway.
250 mile round trip . £ 150 for the boots
No comments:
Post a Comment